Business Victoria have announced a generous 80% COVIDSafe Deep cleaning rebate to help businesses in their State cover the cost of COVID cleaning due to a suspected or confirmed coronavirus (COVID‑19) case.
In what is a big win for SME’s across the state of Victoria, eligible business will now be able to claim a rebate of up to 80% of the cost of any COVID cleaning/disinfection services they use.
To be eligible, you must register your business by 30th June 2021.
The COVIDSafe Deep Cleaning Rebate will be capped at a total grant of $10,000 to any business, and is available to any Victorian business with a payroll of less than $3M in the 2019/20 tax year.
In other good news, this rebate can also be used even if you have received funding from other initiatives under the Economic Survival Package and the Business Support Package.
Eligibility guidelines are:
- Worksite must operate in Victoria.
- You must have had a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 on site when they may have been onsite when they were infectious.
- You must have had a ‘disinfection clean’ or ‘COVID clean’ of your site by a professional cleaning service in accordance with Departmental (DHHS) guidelines (DHHS COVID-19 Guidelines)
- Proof of the expenditure.
- Valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Annual payroll must be less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis.
- Be registered with WorkSafe if employing people
- Registered as a trading business with the responsible federal or state regulator.
COVIDSafe Deep Cleaning Rebate – FAQ’s
What is a ‘COVID clean’?
A COVID clean (also known as a disinfection or decontamination clean) includes first cleaning and then disinfection of your site. Click here for your free COVID Cleaning plan for more information.
Can I apply for a rebate if I had COVID cleaning done before the program opened?
Yes, the good people at Business Victoria have advised that you can apply for deep cleanings that have occurred prior to this program opening, as long as your business meets the criteria.
How long will they take to process my application?
Approximately 10 days to process all applications lodged correctly.
How do I apply?
All applications are done online. Click here to apply now.
Let us carry the burden for you so you can focus on getting back to work.
If you haven’t taken appropriate steps yet to properly clean your site, someone could get very sick. At Cleancorp, we create refreshingly clean spaces that help business leaders feel confident they are protecting their employees and keeping everyone safe. Call us on 1300 211 944 or via email – email@example.com to discuss your cleaning needs, we’re the people who provide cleaning services that are managed for you, not by you.